Thursday 16 February 2012

Feb 16: School


Okay, I need a wider angle lens for this. But then you wouldn't see my feet. The yellow paint says 'School'. I spent most of my time at school not being the best academic (7 GCSEs aren't many - esp when 2 of them were Ds), but I did spend a lot of it being creative.

But I was one of the lucky ones. I had chances and opportunities that many didn't and I'd like to think I didn't waste them. My father telling me to leave town and get a degree rather than staying around and get a job with a company which has now abandoned the local area was good advice it turns out.

My point is that it was my experiences at school and college and uni that made me who I am, not sitting on a sofa, playing xbox games and wasting my youth. There, I said it.

No comments:

Post a Comment