Thursday 2 February 2012

Day 2: Opportunity

Proverbs 19: 14. You may inherit all you own from your parents, but a sensible wife is a gift from the Lord.  (CEV)

It's not just their stuff I inherit but so much more. While I've been packing things up I've been looking at every small item from a box of Dad's old pipes to a pile of Mum's sun hats. Every object has a story, and in some way, I am the product of those stories. Dad was an engineer - I see detail in everything. Mum was gifted at craft - I'm creative in many ways. In so many things, I'm grounded in the ways that they have bought me up.

The picture is of the threshold to our home. If Dad hadn't contracted asbestosis, we would never had the opportunity to move. From one person's suffering, so much opportunity is born. It's a similar story to how God created everything, came to earth to share it and gave it all away, so we can live in freedom and accept His gift. How do you respond to something like that?

No comments:

Post a Comment